EMPLOYMENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN PHILADELPHIA PA AREA...
Below are position descriptions for Employment Opportunities / Job Opportunities at the non-profit organization The Lord’s New Church Which Is Nova Hierosolyma in Bryn Athyn, PA which is located in the North Philadelphia Pennsylvania area in the United States:
Job: Assistant Estate Manager ( Printable PDF Version )
The Lord’s New Church Which Is Nova Hierosolyma is a non-profit organization residing on approximately 100 acres in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania. Buildings include a chapel, offices, meeting facilities, residences, and maintenance buildings. The Assistant Estate Manager supports the Estate Manager to provide day-to-day grounds keeping services and building maintenance, and responds to special requests that arise at all hours of the day, night and weekends. She/he is responsible to the Executive Director and reports directly to the Estate Manager. Salary and benefits are negotiable and approved by the Board.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly exposed to: outside weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; moderate to loud noise levels; and, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee is required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
This position does not usually have supervisory responsibilities, however it may direct the work of part-time, seasonal contractors.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Pass Criminal Background Check
• Pass Drug Test
• 3 References (2 professional)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes, but are not limited to:
• Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment (Major repairs are performed under the supervision of licensed maintenance workers/contractors).
• Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower; trim edges around walks, flower beds, walls, etc.
• Plant grass, flowers, trees and shrubs; prune shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth.
• Remove snow and ice from building walkways and steps; rake leaves, remove litter.
• Replace broken windows; repair doors, door locks and closets; install window blinds.
• Operate large equipment (mowers, plows, tractors, etc.)
• Perform repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping and buildings.
• Perform routine labor and maintenance duties when grounds keeping work has been completed.
• Respond to urgent maintenance requests as required.
• Assist with renovation/remodeling of buildings; repair plaster and drywall; paint interior and exterior surfaces and walls.
• Ensure efficiency by documenting scheduling of delegated tasks and follow up of the work flow for duties and assigned projects.
• Keep all projects on time and within budget by completing tasks and follow up of responsibilities and duties.
• Maintain operation’s productivity by following organization’s policy, approved plans and current procedures and taking appropriate initiative.
• Maintain confidentiality and assure discreet handling of all business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one year of responsible experience in grounds keeping or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience. Should have knowledge of grounds keeping equipment and landscaping. Three years of experience preferred.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Comfortable and proficient with basic math. Ability to understand and follow a budget.
EMAIL RESUME TO: email@example.com
Applications by phone, fax or walk-in will not be considered.
→ International Headquarters:
Huntingdon Valley, PA U.S.A.
- Visit Us →
- Email Us →
- Mail Us →
» The Seven Days of Creation
Creation of the Natural World?
Spiritual Creation of Man?
» Emanuel Swedenborg
| || → → → → → |
» Nova Hierosolyma 101
→ Join our introductory class ←
about the beliefs of
The Lord's New Church Which is
» Swedenborg Library