|De Hemelsche Leer 3 Volume Set (First thru Seventh Fascicles)|
[ enlarge ]
In January 1930, Ernst Pfeiffer (1890-1979), the Dutch General Church minister in the Hague, started a Dutch magazine entitled De Hemelsche Leer (The Heavenly Doctrine). The three leading theses propounded in "De Hemelsche Leer" were:
1. The Writings of Emanuel Swedenborg are the Third Testament of the Word of the Lord. The DOCTRINE OF THE NEW JERUSALEM CONCERNING THE SACRED SCRIPTURE must be applied to the three Testaments alike.
2. The Latin Word without Doctrine is as a candlestick without light, and those who read the Latin Word without Doctrine, or who do not acquire for themselves a Doctrine from the Latin Word, are in darkness as to all truth (cf. S. S. 50-61).
3. The genuine Doctrine of the Church is spiritual out of celestial origin, but not out of rational origin. The Lord is that Doctrine itself (cf. A. C. 2496, 2497, 2510, 2516, 2533, 2859; A. E. 19).
The monthly magazine De Hemelsche Leer was written in Dutch, since this was the native language of The First Dutch Society of the General Church of the New Jerusalem in the European country, The Netherlands.
In 1938, the doctrinal papers written for De Hemelsche from its beginning in 1930 through 1936 were translated into English and published through the generosity of the Rev. Theodore Pitcairn, whose wife was Dutch. The English translations of De Hemelsche Leer were divided into a three volume set:
Volume One - Containing the First Fascicle and Second Fascicle
→ First Fascicle
• Extracts from Nos. 1 To 8, January to August 1930
• ( Click HERE to View First Fascicle ) ( PDF Version )
→ Second Fascicle
• Extracts from Nos. 2 To 7, February to July 1931
• ( Click HERE to View Second Fascicle ) ( PDF Version )
Volume Two - Containing the Third, Fourth, And Fifth Fascicles
→ Third Fascicle
• Extracts from the Issues August 1930 to February 1932
→ Fourth Fascicle
• Extracts from the Issues June to December 1932
→ Fifth Fascicle
• Extracts from the Issues August 1932 to March 1934
Volume Three - Containing the Sixth Fascicle and Seventh Fascicle
→ Sixth Fascicle
• Extracts from the Issues Novemeber 1934 to August 1936
• ( Click HERE to View Sixth Fascicle ) ( PDF Version )
→ Seventh Fascicle**
• Extracts from the Issues September 1936 to July 1938
• ( Click HERE to View Seventh Fascicle ) ( PDF Version )
(**NOTE: The Church Name on the Title Page Changed To...
→ The Lord's New Church Which is Nova Hierosolyma)
The publication of the Fascicles of De Hemelsche Leer gave English speaking members of the General Church the opportunity to read for themselves what had become part of the natural speech and thought for many in the Dutch Society.
The title page of the English version of De Hemelsche Leer explains the purpose of the monthly Dutch Magazine:
DE HEMELSCHE LEER
A MONTHLY MAGAZINE
DEVOTED TO THE DOCTRINE OF GENUINE TRUTH
OUT OF THE LATIN WORD REVEALED FROM THE LORD
ORGAN OF THE GENERAL CHURCH
OF THE NEW JERUSALEM IN HOLLAND
→ International Headquarters:
Huntingdon Valley, PA U.S.A.
- Visit Us →
- Email Us →
- Mail Us →
» The Seven Days of Creation
Creation of the Natural World?
Spiritual Creation of Man?
» Emanuel Swedenborg
| || → → → → → |
| || |
» Circle of Life
Circle of Regeneration
The Third Testament's
Teachings about the
The foundation of
The Lord's New Church Which is
» Swedenborg Library